Filing for Graduation
To receive a Bachelor's Degree from CSULB, students must fulfill the following requirements:
- Earn at least 120 units
- Satisfy all major requirements
- 30 of the 120 units must be taken at CSULB
- 40 of the 120 units must be upper division (300-499) courses
- No more than 20 of the 120 units may be activity courses (up to eight units each in music, dance, KIN, recreation, etc.) unless required by the major.
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA in each:
- Cumulative GPA (all college courses)
- CSULB GPA (all courses taken at CSULB)
- Major GPA.
- Satisfy the Graduate Writing Assessment Requirement (GWAR) - completed if you passed the Writing Proficiency Exam (WPE) or an approved GWAR course
- Complete the General Education pattern.
Before you file to graduate, be sure that you meet the following requirements.
|Earned 90 units (may include work in progress)||Academic Advisor|
|Attempted the WPE||Office of Testing and Evaluation Services|
|Any outstanding charges are paid (including library fines and lab fees)||Student Account Services|
|Maintain good academic standing||Student Academic Records|
|Declared in an approved major (not a pre-major)||Academic Advisor|
You may keep track of all of the items above on MyCSULB Student Center.
You are not required to see your major advisor in order to file to graduate. However, we strongly recommend that you schedule an appointment with your advisor on how you will complete your remain major requirements for graduation.
Once you have verified the information above, apply to graduate online via your MyCSULB Student Center. As part of the application process, you will be required to pay $45 for your Diploma and Commencement fees. You'll be able to verify how your name will appear on your diploma and your diploma will be mailed to you.
For further questions on graduation, please contact Enrollment Services.
Contact CNSM Advising
Please include your student ID number in all email correspondence.
- Mon: 9:00am - 12:00pm
- Tue: 10:00am - 1:00pm
- Wed: 12:30pm - 3:30pm
- Thu: 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Availability is subject to change. First week of semester has alternate schedule.