California State University Long Beach (CSULB) has long been committed to providing entering first-time students the tools and support to graduate in a timely manner. The California Promise Program (Senate Bill 412) enables CSULB to establish the Beach Pledge Program which provides registration priority and specialized academic advising for entering first-time students who are both interested and able to complete their baccalaureate degrees in four years. In addition, students who have been accepted with an Associate Degrees for Transfer (AD-T) from a sister California Community College may complete their baccalaureate degrees in two years. The program is limited to students who are residents of California.
Information for Fall 2017 CNSM Freshman
Students meeting the following criteria might be eligible for Fall 2018 registration priority:
- Demonstrate a reasonable progress towards fulfilling Beach Pledge requirements by the end of the 1st academic year (normally earned 12 or more baccalaureate units towards the intended major in Fall 2017)
- Have declared intent to participate at SOAR or have been invited by CNSM to participate
- Cumulative GPA of 3.00 or above as of February 2018
- Complete a minimum of 30 baccalaureate units towards the intended major by the end of Summer 2018
- Maintain cumulative GPA of 3.0 and major GPA of 2.5 or above for the duration of the program
- Sign Beach Pledge agreement and receive CNSM verification
- Students will be required to submit degree plan every semester (starting with Fall 2018) to the designated Beach Pledge Advisor.* Instructions regarding Degree Plan will be communicated in August 2018.
*Each student in the College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics has an assigned academic advisor who also serves as student's Beach Pledge Advisor.
Potentially eligible students will be notified by email on February 26, 2018. The CNSM deadline for submission of signed Beach Pledge Contract is March 23, 2018. Contracts submitted after the deadline might not be processed.
Contact CNSM Advising
Please include your student ID number in all email correspondence.
- Mon: 9:00am - 12:00pm
- Tue: 9:00am - 12:00pm
- Wed: 12:30pm - 3:30pm
- Thu: 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Availability is subject to change.