General Education Requirements
- Current/2012 GE Pattern (Fall 2012 - Current)
- 2008 GE Pattern (Fall 2008 – Spring 2012)
- 1999 GE Pattern (Fall 1999 - Spring 2008)
- Category A - English Language Communication and Critical Thinking
- Category B - Science, Technology and Mathematics/Qualitative Reasoning
- Category C - Arts and Humanities
- Category D - Social Sciences and Citizenship
- Category E - Lifelong Learning and Self-Development
- Category F - Capstone Courses
- Additional GE Requirements - Global Issues (G) and Human Diversity (H)
Use our General Education Worksheet [PDF] in combination with your academic requirements report to keep track of general education completed, courses in progress, and categories yet to complete.
Double and Triple Counting
Can I use my GE/Capstone to fulfill multiple areas on the General Education categories?
For students admitted to the university prior to the current General Education Pattern (2012-Present):
It may be possible to use a GE course to fulfill a capstone/other general education category on the pattern. However, it may not always be to your benefit, as other categories within the GE Pattern may require more units. It is highly recommended that you meet with an advisor prior to making a change on your GE Pattern year.
For students admitted during the current General Education Pattern (2012-Present):
You are limited in terms of what may count in multiple areas/categories on the current GE Pattern. You may use courses that fulfill your Global Issues and Human Diversity to fulfill areas A-F. You are not allowed to change to a previous GE Pattern.
- Mon: 9:00am-12:00pm & 5:30-7:00pm
- Tue: 1:30pm - 4:30pm
- Wed: 5:30pm - 7:00pm
- Thu: 9:00am - 12:00pm
Availability is subject to change.
Contact CNSM Advising
Please include your student ID number in all email correspondence.