GIS Software Developer
Job Type: Full-time- 6 month contract-to-hire opportunity.
Date Posted: 01/12/15
Davis Demographics & Planning, Inc.
11850 Pierce Street, Suite 200
Riverside, CA 92505
For over 20 years, Davis Demographics & Planning, Inc. (DDP) has provided demographic, facility and Master Planning consulting services along with the SchoolSite™ family of ESRI-based GIS software to K-12 public school district administrators throughout the U.S. We are a small company with a wide reach into over 200 school districts in 30 states.
As ESRI’s 2005 and 2010 Business Partner of the Year in the California region, we are expanding our software development efforts in a variety of areas. As part of this effort, we are seeking a self-motivated individual with a strong technical and programming background. ArcGIS software experience is a plus but not required; we will train. If you are a self-starter and wish to see your ideas implemented directly into GIS software products, we want to talk to you about your career.
What You Will Be Doing
Custom software development to create tools within Esri’s new ArcGIS Pro desktop mapping software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field/experience
- 2+ years of experience with WPF
- 2+ years of experience with .NET using VB/C# in Visual Studio
- SQL database queries
- Source control experience using GitHub
- Experience with XAML markup
- Experience with MVVM (Model View View Model)
- Python experience a plus!
- Experience with GIS is a plus!
- The candidate should have strong communication skills including the ability to write well and to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences. You must be able to understand product requirements and implement those within the framework of desktop and/or web-based solutions.
- This position requires a high attention to detail, critical thinking, and problem solving skills, as well as the desire and motivation to work independently. The successful candidate will be responsible for programming efforts that will have a direct impact on our product solutions.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume, cover letter and salary history via e-mail to email@example.com.
Salary is commensurate with experience. The position is available immediately with preference for current southern California residents.