Apply to LSAMP
The LSAMP Program at California State University, Long Beach is part of a statewide effort (CSU-LSAMP) to enhance the math and science skills of students who have faced or face social, educational, or economic barriers, and are majoring in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM).
Students may apply to the general LSAMP Program at any time.
The shared application between the LSAMP Funded Research Fellows Program and the LSAMP Funded Summer Research Program is available. Deadline to Apply: March 10, 2024 by 11:59pm PST (deadline extended).
The application period for the funded research programs is now closed for this cycle.
Benefits and Responsibilities
Benefits to participating in the general LSAMP Program at CSULB include:
- Career and research advising
- Textbook reimbursement (upon reimbursement approval)
- International research experience support
- GRE test prep support
- Assistance with graduate school application
- Conference support travel
Some of these benefits have additional eligibility requirements and limited capacity.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident.
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate major in a STEM discipline or have an interest in pursuing a STEM baccalaureate degree.
- Be an individual who has faced or faces social, educational, or economic barriers to careers in STEM.
- Each CSU-LSAMP campus program may have additional eligibility requirements. Please see the Campus Coordinator.