Tutoring in Math and Science
Tutoring Ends 12/8
The final week of tutoring for this semester will be from Monday, December 4 to Friday, December 8. View tutoring schedule.
Please note that tutoring services will not continue during the winter intersession. We look forward to assisting you again when tutoring services resume in the Spring on Monday, February 5, 2024.
- Monday to Thursday, 10:00am–5:00pm in HSCI-164
- Monday to Thursday, 5:00pm–8:00pm via Zoom
- Friday & Saturday, 10:00am–4:00pm via Zoom
- Monday to Thursday, 10:00am–5:00pm in LA5-345
Zoom Link: Join SAS Tutoring Zoom Room
Meeting ID: 819 2434 5723
Note that you must be logged into Zoom with your CSULB student account. The easiest way is to first log in to Single Sign-On (SSO) and click the Zoom tile; this will automatically log you into your CSULB Zoom. Then return to this page and click Zoom room link above.
There are multiple centers on campus that tutor courses offered by the College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics (CNSM):
- SAS Peer Mentors offers tutoring in science and math for CNSM pre-majors and majors.
- Lindgren Math Tutoring Center focuses on math.
- The Learning Center offers tutoring in lower-division science and math courses for non-CNSM majors.
- Engineering Tutoring is available for undergraduate engineering students in variety of subjects.
Reasons for Receiving Tutoring
You can seek out tutoring for a variety of reasons:
- review before a test
- review exam results and missed homework problems
- gain study skills and time management strategies
- overcome struggling with a particular concept or problem
- build your confidence in a subject matter
- stay on top of your homework and study routine.
Types of Tutoring
Tutoring can take different forms:
- coming to the tutoring center with a set of question you need assistance with
- studying in the tutoring center and ask a tutor questions as they arise
- "teaching" the tutor what you have learned and have them review your knowledge
- having a tutor quiz you before test
- visiting the center with a group of friends and inviting the tutor to help with any problem areas.
Benefits of Tutoring
You can benefit from tutoring in a number of ways:
- increase your confidence in a particular subject matter as well as in your academic skills
- build connections with upperclass students and classmates
- increase your opportunity for success in forthcoming courses
- learn new study and problem-solving strategies.