Research Fellows Program
The LSAMP Research Fellow Program is a National Science Foundation initiative to increase enrollments of minority populations and underrepresented students within science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) research fields.
Priority Application Deadline: April 13, 2018, by 2:00pm.
LSAMP Research Program Application 2018-2019 [PDF]. This is a shared application between the Research Fellows Program and the Summer Research Program.
Benefits and Responsibilities
Students accepted in the LSAMP Research Fellows Program will:
- Conduct research with a faculty member.
You will conduct research with a CSULB faculty member.
- Receive a stipend.
You receive a stipend (money) for doing research with a faculty mentor. Your faculty mentor will receive money for supplies.
- Enhance applications to graduate programs.
This program will help you become a competitive candidate for graduate programs (Master's or Ph.D.) in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
While in the program, you are required to attend all LSAMP Research Fellows Program activities. These activities include bi-monthly meetings to provide updates about your research, professional development workshops, and information on graduate programs. After you have completed the program, we ask only one thing: update us on your graduate/professional placement. This allows us to see how successful the program has been and make improvements for future cohorts.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled at CSULB as an undergraduate student (post-baccalaureate/second bachelor students are not eligible)
- Declared major in science, math, engineering, or computer science (STEM majors)
- Facing or have faced social, cultural, educational, or economic barriers to careers in STEM
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Interested in pursuing graduate degrees in the STEM disciplines
Please include your student ID number in all email correspondence.