Music - The Bob Cole Conservatory of Music
Option in Composition
Take the following course:
- MUS 129 to be taken each semester in residence until successful completion of the Upper-Division Screening Examination in applied music (4 unit minimum required).
Take all of the following courses:
- MUS 244A Composition Workshop I (2)
Prerequisite: MUS 142A and consent of instructor.
- MUS 244B Composition Workshop II (2)
Prerequisites: MUS 244A and consent of instructor.
- MUS 344 Composition (2)
Prerequisites: MUS 244A-B; Corequisite MUS 329X.
- MUS 423B Senior Composition Recital (1)
Prerequisites: Senior standing and consent of instructor.
- MUS 444 Advanced Composition (2)
Prerequisites: MUS 344, Corequisite: 329X.
Take 21 units from the following courses (at least 3 units must be selected from MUS 370, 455, 456, 457 or 497E):
- MUS 271, 329X (may be repeated multiple times), 370, 371, 372A, 411A, 411B, 441, 442, 443, 444, 455, 456, 457, 458, 497B-D-E-G, and THEA 449.
Take three units from the following courses:
- MUS 200B, 326, 393, 400B, 415, 422, 425, and 474