Hospitality Foodservice and Hotel Management
Minor In Event Planning Management
The Event Planning and Management minor provides students with expertise for careers in event planning and management. Curriculum covers skills and knowledge including negotiation, event planning, programming, promotion, budget and legal issues.
- Core (18 units):
- HFHM 270 Introduction to Hospitality Foodservice and Hotel Management (3)
- HFHM 274 Global Issues in Hotel and Restaurant Management (3)
- HFHM 374 Meeting Planning in Hotels and Restaurants (3)
- REC 325 Advanced Program and Event Management (3)
- REC 462 Travel, Tourism, and Resort Recreation Management (3)
- REC 465 Convention and Conference Planning (3)
- Take 6 units of electives from the following courses:
- ACCT 201; CECS 110, 200; COMM 334; HFHM 372, 376; HFHM 378 or REC 427; HFHM 476 or REC 425;
REC 468, 490.