College of Continuing and Professional Education
CCPE maintains a customer-focused market-driven approach to developing and delivering programs. As a result, the programs may change often to adapt to the training and educational needs of the marketplace. CCPE offers both professional development (non-credit) and credit programs, in many different subject areas. Whether the program is credit-bearing, or not for university credit, CCPE strives to provide the following features in every course:
- Quality curriculum
- Innovative and thoughtfully designed formats
- Convenient days/times
- Affordable fees and payment plan options
- Fast, easy registration
In addition, CCPE provides companies, organizations, and government agencies with customized professional development programs for employees at their work site or at CSULB.
For a free catalog of the latest comprehensive program listings and descriptions, call the CCPE Customer Service Center 800/963-2250 or visit the web site http://www.ccpe.csulb.edu.
Following is just a sampling of the many types of programs offered by CCPE.
Professional Development Certificate Programs Offered
- Lean Management
- Human Resources Management
- Professional Meeting and Events Planning
- Basic Applied Forensic Science and Crime Analysis
- Engineering and Architectural AutoCAD
- Geographic Information Systems
- IT Project Management
- Oracle Internet Applications Developer Specialist
Professional Designation Programs and Industry-Specific Exam Prep Programs
- Global Logistics Specialist
- The SHRM Learning System (PHR/SPHR exam prep)
- Accounting Fundamentals
- Project Management Fundamentals
- Managing Technical Professionals
- Fundamentals of Supervision Management
- Business Administration
- Database Management
- Grant Writing and Non-Profit Management
- Career and Personal Enrichment
Degree programs offered by CCPE are in partnership with other CSULB colleges.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Option: International Business (Singapore)
- Master of Arts in Communicative Disorders
- Master of Arts in Global Logistics
- Master of Arts in Kinesiology, Option: Sport Management
- Master of Arts in Kinesiology, Option: Pedagogy
- Master of Business Administration (Fully Employed MBA for Working Adults)
- Master of Business Administration (Accelerated)
- Master of Public Administration
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Health Care Administration (Accelerated)
- Master of Science in Mathematics: Option in Applied Statistics (Accelerated)
- Master of Social Work
Credit Certificates Offered
- Advanced Manufacturing Technology
- Applied Statistics
The American Language Institute
The American Language Institute provides English as a Second Language instruction to international students. ALI offerings include long-term and short-term programs, and credit and non-credit courses. Programs offered through the ALI include the Intensive English Program, a non-credit program offered year-round, 3 sessions per year, in which students are in class up to 25 hours per week.
Open University provides an opportunity for those people who are not currently admitted to and/or registered at CSULB to enroll in most courses offered by the university. Enrollment is on a space-available basis, and subject to approval of the instructor and department chair. Students receive Open University Special Sessions credit. For more information, call the CCPE Customer Service Center at 800/963-2250.
- Center for International Trade and Transportation (CITT)
- Southern California Process Improvement Network (SPIN)
- Full service video and multimedia production facility located on campus, including a 2200 square-foot studio, featuring the leading computer animation software
- Computer labs both on and off campus
- Executive conference and training rooms
Continuing Education Units
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are a permanent record of attendance in professional development (non-credit) programs. They are provided by The American Council on Education (ACE) and administered through CCPE. CEUs can enhance ones resume and provide another opportunity to showcase a commitment to professional development. CEUs for specific professions are also available.