Resources and Documents
- General Education Recommendations - We recommend that all pre-health students enroll in courses that meet the following General Education requirements to help you develop a broad understanding of the health professions in relation to other disciplines of study.
- AMSA Gender and Sexuality Resources
- Minorities in Medicine (AAMC)
- Point Foundation: Scholarships for meritorious students who are marginalized due to sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
- Summer Opportunities for Disadvantaged and Minority Students
- Armed Forces Health Professions Scholarship Program (HPSP)
- Bureau of Health Professions (HRSA) Scholarships and Loans
- Fee Assistance Program (MCAT and AMCAS)
- FIRST for Medical Education
- National Health Service Corp Loan Repayment Program
- Study Techniques for Premedical Students (D. Verrier and L. Thompson, 2013)
- Effective Study Techniques (adapted from Plan for Success, C.E. (1988). The National Association of Advisors for the Health Professions, Inc.)
- The Nitty-Gritty of Effective Studying (from A Guide to Learning Chemistry, C.H. Yoder and C.S. Yoder, Franklin and Marshall College and Millersville University, 1992)
- Effective Study Strategies for Science Students (L.A. Wood-Hill, M.S., Yeshiva University)
- Academic Success (Penn State University)
- How to Study Math, Science and Engineering (Dr. Phillip R. Rosenkrantz, California State Polytechnic University Pomona)
- How to Study for Organic Chemistry (Dr. Christopher Falzone, Johns Hopkins University)
- College Student Online Guide for Better Study Skills
- (562) 985-8061
Please include your student ID number in all email correspondence.