Gerald Strang Electronic Music Studio
The Bob Cole Conservatory of Music is the home of the Gerald Strang Electronic Music Studio. Here students use Logic Studio on the Mac platform to create works in a 5.1 surround sound environment. Classes taught in this studio include:
Music 370 (Introduction to Music Technology)
- Introduction to principles of sound recording, sound production, sound reinforcement, MIDI, and electronic music.
Music 455/555 (Computers and Sound)
- Introduction to software for sound synthesis, sequencing, digital audio, and sound processing.
Music 456/556 (Sound Design)
- Introduces students to principles of composition and analysis of electro-acoustic media through application of music software, sampling, digital media, digital signal processing, and psychoacoustics.
- Culminates in collaborative creative project involving video, web, or live theater.
Music 457/557 (Composition with Digital Media)
- Computer-created projects that combine visual media (including web-based), and electronic music.