Skip to Local Navigation
Skip to Content
California State University, Long Beach
New CSULB Employees
Print this pageAdd this page to your favoritesSelect a font sizeSelect a small fontSelect a medium fontSelect a large font

New Employee Check-In

As a new employee, you MUST sign in at Payroll Services at Brotman Hall 353. Please bring the following documents with you in order to check in:

  • Appointment Letter and/or Contract from hiring department
  • Original Social Security Card


  • Any acceptable documents that fulfill I-9 requirements
  • This check-in process is legally required and ensures you are paid in a timely manner. It is essential that you sign in with Payroll Services on or before your first day of work.

Our campus uses DocuSign to simplify completion of your new hire paperwork. Please click on the link below that corresponds to your position with the campus to open up your new hire paperwork. DocuSign will guide you through the completion and signature process for the paperwork. Once you have finished, please be sure print all of the forms and bring them to Brotman Hall 353 to finish the sign in process. If you do not have a printer, please download and save the completed forms to a USB drive and ask your department to assist you with printing them. Thank you!

Staff / Faculty New Hire Packet

Teaching Assistant New Hire Packet

Graduate Assistant / Instructional Student Assistant New Hire Packet

Student Employee New Hire Packet


If you do not have an original Social Security Card, you MUST go to your local Social Security Administration office and request a duplicate which will be mailed to you within approximately 2 weeks. Please be aware that effective August 1, 2014, the Social Security Administration no longer provides identifiable Receipts (with Social Security Number and Name) for temporary use in lieu of the original Social Security Card. You MUST return with the original Social Security Card to Payroll Services in order to begin working if you are using your Social Security Card to satisfy I-9 employment eligibility requirements.

Upon completion of the check-in process at Payroll Services, you will be given a campus ID form necessary to obtain your campus ID card and a parking slip necessary to obtain your parking permit.

For more information, please visit the Payroll Services website.