Summer STEM Mentor Opportunity
The Summer STEM Mentor position offers STEM upper division students a paid opportunity to serve as STEM ambassadors. Summer STEM Mentors work with STEM freshmen and transfer students the summer before students enter CSULB.
The various services provided by the HSI-STEM program can help increase the academic success and professional development of STEM freshmen and transfer students; thus, achieving the goal set out by the HSI STEM grant.
Information for EXCEL PM position is not current but a good description of positions available with HSI-STEM.
To Join the Summer STEM Mentoring team, see information below:
- Undergraduate student with a declared major in COE or CNSM
- Minimum 2.8 GPA preferred
- Ability to work during the months of June, July, August
- Interest in working with incoming freshmen and transfer students
- Guide and mentor a cohort of incoming freshmen STEM students
- Facilitate team building and icebreaker activities
- Assist with implementation, set-up and break down for program events
- Have knowledge of campus resources and services
- Create connections with STEM students, staff, faculty, administrators, and STEM industry members
- Increased Professional Development & Program Outreach experience
- Receive training in mentoring and group management
April 18th, 2021 @ 11:59 pm
Click to Apply
Applications are now closed