EXCEL Transfer Learning Community
Join a learning community to benefit from mentoring, tutoring, career guidance and professional development workshops. The Excellence through a Community of Engaged Learners (EXCEL) Learning Communities in the colleges of Engineering and Natural Sciences and Mathematics facilitate the opportunity to build a STEM network of peers, staff, and faculty who can support you as you begin your academic journey at CSULB.
As part of the EXCEL Transfer Learning Community you will be engaged in the following:
- one-unit introductory success course,
- professional development workshops,
- mentoring and tutoring, and
- weekly student success hour.
- Learn to master time management, test taking skills, CV, personal statements and cover letter writing
- Explore STEM careers
- Meet with a STEM peer mentor and get connected to the campus
- Learn about scholarship and internship opportunities
- Gain knowledge about opportunities to conduct research and how to participate in student organizations
Spring 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- Incoming transfer student with a declared major in the College of Engineering or the College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
- Enroll for and attend one-unit introductory success course (NSCI 390) for one semester
- Meet with STEM Peer Mentor throughout the Spring 2018 semester
How to Apply
Email your preference along with your full name and SID. Dr. Eric Marinez at firstname.lastname@example.org
After review, you will be contacted via email with next steps.