The Womxn's Collective
The mission of The Womxn’s Collective is to build an empowering community among womxn students of color at California State University, Long Beach that enriches their educational and social experience and respects self by advancing their needs through programming, resources, and engaging in a supportive environment.
The Womxn’s Collective Inaugural Virtual Retreat
"I SEE YOU", April 16 - 17, 2021
#TWCRetreat2021 will foster an experience that centers on womxn of color from all walks of life, coming together to embrace and learn about cultural awareness and self-empowerment by having critical dialogue, as well as building a collective community.
We are excited for The Womxn's Collective (TWC) inaugural I See You Retreat! This year, the retreat will be held virtually on Friday, April 16th and Saturday, April 17th from 10am-2:00pm.
Our students have worked very hard to create two days full of self-reflection (Day 1) and collective building (Day 2). Our activities build upon each other, so we encourage you to attend as much as you can! Stay tuned for details on our amazing facilitators!
- 10:00 AM Welcome and Opening Student Speakers
- 10:30 AM Mulan's "Reflection": deep dive into our (in)visible identities
- 11:15 AM Imposter Syndrome: critical discussion
- 12:15 PM Brunch Break: get to know each other!
- 12:45 PM Recentering the Self through Sound Bath by The Sol Healer
- 1:30 PM Closing Speaker
- 9:30 AM Collective Chat: get to know each other!
- 10:00 AM Opening Remarks and Student Panel
- 10:30 AM Breaking Stereotypes: critical discussion
- 11:15 AM Privilege Walk Activity
- 11:45 AM Brunch Break
- 12:15 PM Collaborative Vision Boards
- 1:15 PM Closing Speaker w/ Q&A
“WE ALL SHOULD KNOW THAT DIVERSITY MAKES A RICH TAPESTRY, AND WE MUST UNDERSTAND THAT ALL THE THREADS OF THE TAPESTRY ARE EQUAL IN VALUE NO MATTER WHAT THEIR COLOR.”
- Maya Angelou
For more information, contact the Women’s and Gender Equity Center at email@example.com.