CalWORKs is the California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids program administered through the Department of Public Social Services. The social service program provides benefits (financial assistance, child care, transportation, and more) to families with minor children.
The program serves all counties in the state and is operated locally by county public social services office. To find out if you are eligible or to enroll in the program please refer to the Department of Social Services in your county:
CSULB Eligibility Requirements
- Enrolled in the CalWORKs program through your respective county public social services office.
- Enrolled at California State University, Long Beach
- Fill out the contact information sheet: CalWORKs Student Contact Information Form
- Complete the CalWORKs Intake Assessment
- Attend the CalWORKs program orientation
Need Assistance with the Required Forms?
- Please fill out the following contact information sheet: CalWORKs Student Contact Information Form
- If you have questions, please contact the Director of the Women and Gender Equity Center (WGEC), Pamela Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 562.985.8576
- EOP students: Please contact your EOP advisor or Associate Director Alexandria Cordon at Alexandria.Cordon@csulb.edu.