Adult Re-Entry Support
CSULB offers specialized programming and support for returning adults and other non-traditional students. Please review the available options below. For information and guidance please call 562-985-5358.
- If you are seeking an undergraduate degree and have taken courses at CSULB or any other college, you are a transfer student.
- Returning CSULB students should visit the student record website before reapplying for admission.
- Students seeking a second bachelor's degree should review the enrollment services website before applying.
- Students seeking a graduate or doctoral degree should contact their desired program directly for information about the application process.
- The College of Professional & International Education offers certificate and degree programs through Open University. Regular admission is not required for these programs.
Additional Options for Adult Learners
- Open University offers a variety of options for career advancement and professional certification.
- Senior community members can access low-cost courses through the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI).
- The Senior Citizen Education Program has been renamed the Older Adult Degree Program. Eligible California residents, 60 years or older, are able to register for classes at a reduced cost. Participants are subject to all regular admissions deadlines and restrictions, and will be required to submit official transcripts in order to pursue a degree, credential or certificate.
Note: Degree-seeking adults who have never attended a community college or university are advised to complete the transfer admission requirements at a community college before applying to CSULB. For more information on transfer admission, visit the UOSR Transfer Students webpage.