Hybrid SBP Frequently Asked Questions
Why am I required to attend the EOP Hybrid Summer Bridge Program?
EOP Hybrid SBP will prepare each EOP freshmen to understand our program requirements and the importance of being an EOP student. Hybrid SBP will also prepare you for classes in the fall and promote a successful transition to CSULB. Additionally, you will have an opportunity to network and connect with EOP students and staff prior to the start of the semester.
When do I attend the EOP Hybrid Summer Bridge Program?
EOP will offer four sessions of Hybrid Summer Bridge Program:
Session 1: Tuesday, July 6 – Friday, July 9
Session 2: Tuesday, July 13 - Friday, 16
Session 3: Tuesday, July 20 - Friday, 23
Session 4: Tuesday, July 27 – Friday, July 30
What will the EOP Hybrid Summer Bridge Program schedule consist of?
The EOP Hybrid Summer Bridge Program schedule will consist of Zoom Video Conferencing, completing online modules in the CSULB BeachBoard site, and attending our in-person campus experience on the last day of the program.
The Zoom video sessions will be held online Tuesday -Thursday from 8:15am-11:30am. Friday will consist of an in-person experience which will take place on the CSULB campus. You can choose to attend the Friday morning session from 8:00am-12:00pm or afternoon session from 1:00pm-5:00pm.
What if I am unable to attend any of the Hybrid Summer Bridge Program sessions?
Student may be excused on a case-by-case basis. Student must have extenuating circumstance for not being able to attend Hybrid SBP. Documentation will be required.
What if I cannot attend the in-person campus experience on Friday?
If you are unable to attend the in-person campus experience on Friday, you will have an option to participate in online activities to complete your orientation requirement.
What are the Covid-19 safety measures for the in-person campus experience?
The following COVID-19 safety measures will be implemented during the Hybrid Summer Bridge Program in-person campus experience.
1. All students and staff will be required to complete and show proof of the CSULB COVID-19 Pre-Screening Survey.
2. Any student or staff who does not meet the CSULB COVID-19 Pre-Screening Survey requirements will not be allowed to participate on-campus.
3. All students and staff will be required to wear face mask at all times. EOP will provide additional masks if needed.
4. EOP will provide individual hand sanitizers and gloves (if requested).
5. All activities will maintain at least 6 feet apart for social distancing or the most current CDC social distancing recommendations.
6. All food items will be individually packaged including boxed lunches and water bottles.
7. Tables and chairs will be cleaned and disinfected after each program session.
Do I have to be vaccinated in order to the attend the Hybrid Summer Bridge in-person campus experience?
No, you do not have to be vaccinated or show proof of vaccination in order to attend the CSULB in-person campus experience.
What technology do I need for the virtual component?
The following technology is required in order for you to successfully participate and complete the Hybrid Summer Bridge Program: Internet or Hotspot, Laptop or Desktop, and Webcam.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any technology assistance.
Will I need a parking permit to attend the in-person campus experience and where do I park?
You will be required to have a parking permit to park on campus. Parking cost is $10 dollars in order to park in the parking structure or any general parking lots on campus. Please contact email@example.com if you need a parking permit for this event.