SLD Student Academic Travel Grant
Application: Coming Soon
The Student Academic Travel Grant was made possible for those students wishing to enhance their educational experience by competing and/or presenting at professional academic conferences, workshops, seminars and/or lectures which:
- enhances their educational experience at CSULB.
- supports growth in their academic discipline.
- exposes them to current trends in their field of study.
- gives them the opportunity to share their conference/travel experience with the CSULB campus community.
The Student Life and Development Travel Grant can be used to reimburse CSULB Students’ for conference, workshop, seminar and/or lecture related expenses such as conference registration fees, transportation, lodging, memberships if required to compete and/or present at a conference.
Things You Should Know Before Submitting Your Application
- You must be a currently enrolled CSULB student at time of application. Enrollment through extension services are ineligible.
- As an undergraduate student you must be enrolled in 12 units and possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 in all work accepted at CSULB during the semester you are traveling.
- As a graduate student you must be enrolled in 9 units and possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- If you are not enrolled in the required number of units you must provide a written explanation of why you are not enrolled in the required units. Your application may undergo additional evaluation, which may include contacting your major department.
Eligible Travel includes:
- Travel which enhances your educational experience, i.e., to conferences, workshops, seminars, lectures etc.
- Travel that supports growth in your academic discipline.
- Travel that exposes you to current trends in your field of study.
- Travel that is related to your major.
- Travel that allows for the presentation of a thesis, research paper etc.
- Travel that allows for senior presentations.
- Travel that allows you to present a poster.
- Travel that allows you to participate in an academic competition.
Ineligible Travel includes:
- Travel for which its sole purpose is for you to just volunteer.
- Travel for which its sole purpose is for you to just attend.
- Travel listed on a class syllabus and/or required for a class assignment.
- Travel for which its sole purpose is for visiting other schools for potential enrollment.
- Travel for which its sole purpose is for attending a Job Fair.
- Travel for which its sole purpose is to study abroad.
- Travel for which its sole purpose is to either obtain and/or work an internship.
- Travel for which its sole purpose is for recreation and/or pleasure.
- Travel which involves you being compensated for services rendered.
- Class credit for travel.
- Having received a Student Life and Development Travel Grant during the same academic year.
- Travel listed on a U.S. Department of State Travel Warning: Centers for Disease Control, Prevention Travel Advisory, Embargo List and/or a World Health Organization listing of “Consideration to postpone all but essential travel” at least 10 days prior to the travel or visit (http://travel.state.gov). Funding may be used for registration, transportation and lodging.