Incoming Fall 2021 students will need to show proof of immunization requirements by June 1, 2021.
All students who will be living in housing will need to show proof of at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccination by June 15, 2021.
Pending FDA approval, all students will need to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition for participating in on-campus instruction, co-curricular activities, or accessing campus facilities.
The following COVID-19 vaccines will be accepted:
- Pfizer-BioNTech (2 doses)
- Moderna (2 doses)
- Johnson & Johnson (1 dose)
Note: Antibody tests will NOT be accepted as compliance.
All new, incoming Housing students must show proof of the following vaccines by the deadlines isted above:
- Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR): 2 doses on or after the first birthday OR laboratory test to show proof of immunity (titer). If you have both an immunization and titer, please upload the immunization record only, not both the immunization and the titer.
- Varicella (Chickenpox): 2 doses on or after the first birthday OR laboratory test to show proof of immunity (titer). If you have both an immunization and titer, please upload the immunization record only, not both the immunization and the titer.
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis (Tdap): One dose on or after the age of 7 years.
- Hepatitis B (students 18 and younger)
- Meningitis ACY-W (Menactra or Menveo) – Required for all students 21 and younger and required for all housing students (regardless of age): One dose on or after the age of 16.
- Meningitis B (Trumenba or Bexsero) – Required for all Housing students: Students who will be living in housing must complete all doses prior to moving into housing.
- All incoming students must complete a Tuberculosis (TB) risk questionnaire. Incoming students who are at higher risk for TB infection should undergo either skin or blood testing for TB infection within 1 year of entry into CSULB.
If you are a Servicemember or Veteran, please visit our Servicemember and Veteran Students page.
How To Proceed
- To begin the process of completing your Immunization Requirement, click on the link to the Patient Portal. You will have access to the Patient Portal beginning May 1, 2021.
Please note: you must pay the $150 enrollment deposit in order to be able to upload documents to the Patient Portal. Without the $150 enrollment deposit, you have access to the Patient Portal, but cannot upload the required documents.
- Proof of all immunization requirements must be uploaded to the Patient Portal.