About the Requirements
The deadline for all continuing and incoming Fall 2021 students to show proof of immunization requirements has been extended to July 15, 2021. This includes all vaccines except the COVID-19 vaccine.
All students who will be living in University Housing will need to show proof of at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccination by June 15, 2021. Please submit proof of vaccine directly to the Patient Portal.
Pending FDA approval, all students will be required to attest to vaccine status (receipt of vaccine or qualifying exemption, either medical or religious).
At this time, the process for documenting vaccine status is still being finalized; please check the Reuniting the Beach website for the most current information.
The following COVID-19 vaccines will be accepted:
- Pfizer-BioNTech (2 doses)
- Moderna (2 doses)
- Johnson & Johnson (1 dose)
The CSU Immunization Policy requires students to obtain the vaccinations and screening recommended for colleges and universities by the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) for those diseases that can be passed on to others by respiratory transmission.
At California State University, Long Beach, we believe the health of the individual can affect the health of the entire campus community. We are committed to protecting the health and well-being of our students, the campus community, and beyond to allow students to focus on educational and personal goals.
Immunizations help protect students from acquiring an infectious disease. When a student is immunized, it helps protect other students as well. Immunizations are proven to be safe and effective, and protect against serious illness.
How to Comply with the CSULB Immunization Requirements:
All new, incoming Fall 2021 CSULB students are REQUIRED to provide proof of vaccination per Executive Order 803. Please upload your records to the Patient Portal, and complete the Tuberculosis Risk Screening.
- Be prepared! Gather all of the information and documents you'll need to complete your requirements online.
- Log in to the Patient Portal. You will have access to the patient portal by May 1, 2021.Note: the $150 enrollment deposit does not apply to Continuing or Graduate students.
- Upload images or PDF files of your immunization records or laboratory tests to show proof of immunity (titers). Please note that titers will only be accepted for MMR, Varicella, and Hepatitis B (if applicable) .If you have both an immunization and titer, please upload the immunization record only, not both the immunization and the titer.
- Please allow up to 10 days for vaccine records to be updated in your Patient Portal.
- Complete the Tuberculosis Risk Screening in the Patient Portal.