About the Requirements
Due to the COVID-19 Public Health Crisis, the deadline for incoming Fall 2020 students to submit their required proof of immunization has been extended to October 1, 2020.
The CSU Immunization Policy requires students to obtain the vaccinations and screening recommended for colleges and universities by the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) for those diseases that can be passed on to others by respiratory transmission.
At California State University, Long Beach, we believe the health of the individual can affect the health of the entire campus community. We are committed to protecting the health and well-being of our students, the campus community, and beyond to allow students to focus on educational and personal goals.
Immunizations help protect students from acquiring an infectious disease. When a student is immunized, it helps protect other students as well. Immunizations are proven to be safe and effective, and protect against serious illness.
If you are a continuing undergraduate or graduate student, you should have already met the immunization requirements needed to attend CSULB.
All continuing undergraduate and graduate students were required to show proof of the following vaccines based on the former Executive Order 803, dated February 5, 2002.
- Measles and Rubella
- Hepatitis B for students 19 or younger
“The California State University (CSU) is committed to the protection of health and wellness of all students. To comply with this overarching goal, CSU campuses implement procedures to ensure that students are educated about and receive immunizations to prevent potentially serious and contagious diseases.”
How to Comply with the CSULB Immunization Requirements:
Fall 2020: All new, incoming CSULB students are REQUIRED to provide proof of the vaccines listed below. Please upload your records to the Patient Portal, and complete the Tuberculosis Risk Screening.
- Be prepared! Gather all of the information and documents you'll need to complete your requirements online.
- Log in to the Patient Portal. You will have access to the patient portal by March 1, 2020.
- Upload images or PDF files of your immunization records or laboratory tests to show proof of immunity (titers). Please note that titers will only be accepted for MMR, Varicella, and Hepatitis B (if applicable) .If you have both an immunization and titer, please upload the immunization record only, not both the immunization and the titer.
- Complete the Tuberculosis Risk Screening in the Patient Portal.