We are very excited to welcome you to Housing & Residential Life at CSULB!
To help make your transition to college life as smooth as possible, Move-In information will be updated here. Don’t forget to check your CSULB email frequently so you don’t miss important emails.
Parent & Family Orientation
We will be hosting Parent and Family Welcome Orientations on the dates and times listed below. Hear information and updates from the Housing & Residential Life Leadership and Residential Dining. This is different from the PFO session this summer. There will be a question and answer session at the end. To register sign up here: https://csulb.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_hZ1EjH6QTRmLx57JKVnLSg.
Tuesday, August 18th @ 12:00 – 1:00 pm
Thursday, August 20 @ 12:00 – 1:00 pm
Friday, August 21st from 11:00am – 12:00 pm
MOVE IN DATES:
Wednesday August 19 – Friday August 21
Before You Arrive
- Sign up for your arrival time via the Housing Portal. The deadline to sign up is August 17 at 5pm.
- Sign your COVID Notice and Disclosure.
- File your depopulation plan.
- Re-read the Resident Handbook and familiarize yourself with policies and procedures.
- Find your student ID (returning residents only).
- Pack! Print our packing checklist for ideas. (Please also see our quarantine packing list to be sure to bring these items to campus)
- Be mindful of how much you bring to campus. We will not have move in assistants because of the need for physical distancing.
- Be sure to write down serial numbers for all electronic devices that you bring to campus. Safes are available for rental though Collegiate Concepts, Inc.
- The University is not liable for damaged or missing items and strongly recommends renter’s insurance.
- Get excited!
Your cooperation in arriving at your check in time period will expedite the process for all residents. Students who arrive outside of their designated time will be asked to wait to ensure safety.
Upon arrival, you should park and leave your belongings in your car. Only the resident should report to the Parkside Pathway check-in area and follow the 6’ distance markers. Be prepared to present identification and/or your student ID number.
New residents will receive their student ID card upon check in. ID Card photos were emailed during SOAR. Returning residents will need to bring their old student ID card to exchange for a new one (the new cards are chipped). The ID card serves as the key to your building and room. You will also receive instructions on which entrance to use for moving into your building, to ensure everyone’s safety.
Once checked in, you can begin moving in. You may have up to 3 guests come with you to help you move in. Everyone must be wearing a mask and will be required to complete a symptom check. If anyone is sick, they should stay home.
You should focus on unloading your car and moving your items into your room. Once the one-hour move in time slot has passed, you will no longer be permitted to have outside guests (including your family and those helping you move in) in the building. Our custodial staff will be cleaning high-touch areas before the next move-in time slot.
On August 19-21, Move In Days parking is free to residents and guests from 7:30am - 6pm in lots R2, R3, and the west ends of G7 and G8. Parking permits are required after 6pm. Please pay attention to lot signage.
Room Condition Report
- Resident Handbook – policies and procedures, information about living on campus, mailing address, maintenance and tech requests, etc.
- Frequently Asked Questions – information about Move In, finances, parking, living on campus, etc.
- Information about Long Beach Transit
Included In Each Room
- XL Twin bed + mattress (80” x 34”)
- Utilities included:
- Internet (wired and wireless*)
- Basic cable (digital QAM tuner required + coaxial cable (10’ suggested length))
- Electricity, gas, and water