How To Apply
How And When Do I Apply To EOP?
- Submission for CSU application: October 1 - November 30
- Deadline for EOP application:
- January 15, 2021: Applicant Information
- January 31, 2021: Recommendation Forms
You can submit your EOP Application on Cal State Apply under the third tile named Supporting Information. Your EOP file will be complete once we have received the completed Applicant Form and two Recommendation Forms. For step by step instructions go to: Application Procedure and Deadlines.
You may apply to EOP if :
- You are a California resident or qualify for an AB 540 nonresident tuition exemption
- Your family has a history of low-income (based on EOP Income Guidelines). Your parents, grandparents, etc. have always worked for low wages or have been on government assistance (low-income status is not temporary)
Neither parent have never received a four-year college degree, including any degree(s) from a foreign country.
- You are a high school graduate or passed the High School Proficiency Examination
- You are an upper division (60 or more transferable units) undergraduate college transfer student and meet university admissions requirements
- You did not graduate from high school, but meet the CSU freshman eligibility requirements through a GED program
2021 - 2022 EOP Family Income Guidelines*
Listed below are the income and family size guidelines established by the State of California for EOP eligibility:
|Family Size||Maximum Income|
|Personal Status||Family Size||Maximum Income|
|Single, No Dependents||1||$16,500|
|Married, No Dependents||2||$28,700|
|With Dependents Other Than a Spouse||2||$49,400|
* Based on the formulas used to determine the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) for federal student financial aid
What Happens Next?
Your file will be complete once all required documents for the University and EOP are received. We review student files as quickly as possible after students are admitted to the university. It is important for you to know that we have limited space available for EOP admits, so we cannot admit every student. Once we have filled all our available spots, we must stop admitting, even if we still have qualified students to review. Therefore, it is critical that you complete your file EARLY.
We will keep you informed of your application status by email. It is extremely important that you inform Enrollment Services immediately of any change in your email address.
How Are EOP Participants Selected?
Once your file is complete, it will be reviewed by a committee made up of EOP staff. The committee members review each file individually. Decisions are based on academic performance and personal information provided on the EOP forms. It is important that you provide the kind of information that helps the committee understand why you need EOP.