Learning happens beyond the classroom. Every department within the Division of Student Affairs provides programs and services to promote growth and development for students. Our role is to help students succeed while they attend CSULB and assist them in developing skills that will better equip them for the future. Philanthropy plays a vital role to help sustain and expand the programs that support student success.
- Mail to:
CSULB 49er Foundation
ATTN: Student Affairs Development
6300 E. State University Drive, Suite #324
Long Beach, CA 90815
- Check payable to CSULB 49er Foundation
C/O: [Name of Scholarship, Fund or Endowment]
- If you are giving online, there is an option to specify.
- If you are giving via a check, you can specify that your gift is in honor or in memory in the memo line.
Yes, we welcome and greatly appreciate monthly gifts to the Division of Student Affairs.
Development personnel seek philanthropic support for California State University, Long Beach by nurturing long-term relationships with CSULB alumni and friends. Less than 30 percent of the university's general budget is provided by the state; private support is imperative. The Division of University Relations and Development at CSULB also includes:
- Alumni Relations serves our more than 310,000 alumni.
- Beach Fund generates unrestricted support for CSULB's greatest needs.
- Office of Gift Planning assists persons who wish to redirect funds and property to CSULB and away from taxes. Estate and Gift Planning personnel can help you plan for retirement, reduce tax burdens and guide you to ways you can support students and programs at CSULB.
- The Office of Strategic Communications increases awareness of CSULB and its students, faculty and staff.
The Beach Fund is an unrestricted source of money that enables President Jane Close Conoley and the Deans opportunities to address urgent and/or ongoing needs, such as financial assistance for students. Beach Fund assets are available for immediate use and are necessary for maintaining the vitality of CSULB.
The areas most impacted by contributions to the Beach Fund are:
- increased student financial assistance
- faculty development and curriculum support
- enhanced educational technology
- educational and career services for students and alumni
Gifts to the Beach Fund enable students and alumni to earn the lifelong benefits of a CSULB education; education for the best and the brightest safeguards the high value of the degrees already conferred by the university.
Often, a company will match, double or even triple gifts that are made by their employees! Matching gift programs stretch employees' contributions and greatly impact our colleges and programs. To check the matching gift policies of your company, please visit the matching gifts database. You may be asked to complete a matching gift form and submit it to CSULB, along with your donation.*
*A gift will not be matched until an employee submits a completed Gift-Pledge Form - PDF and contribution.
Prior to January 31 of each year, donation acknowledgements are mailed by the university to all contributors to California State University, Long Beach. CSULB's Fiscal Year calendar begins on July 1 and ends June 30.
Employees of California State University, Long Beach can support their favorite programs and/or colleges by participating in the Support the Beach Payroll Deduction Program. Contributions can be directed to any campus designation that has an associated 49er Foundation fund. Please include the name of the designation on the monthly payroll deduction form - PDF. For your reference, our online giving site lists many of the most common designations. For more information, please email Julie Wilson or call 562.985.8867.
Yes, our website is VeriSigned Secure™--information exchanged with any Web address beginning with https is encrypted using Secured Socket Layer (SSL) protocol before transmission.