Frequently Asked Questions

No - Migrant farmworkers are farm laborers that work in the fields, farms, etc. to harvest crops. It is a type of job a person does. They can vary from U.S. citizens to undocumented people who work in the United States agricultural industry. Their job requires them to travel from city to city following the different crop seasons or can remain in one geographic location to harvest seasonal crops.

"Immigrants" are people who leave one country to settle permanently in another or people who come to a country where they were not born in order to settle there.

Yes - CAMP is a federally funded program, so you have to be a U.S. citizenship or legal permanent resident.

Grandparents, uncles, aunts, etc. can be used as a qualifying factor only if they are your legal guardians and/or are the primary source of household income.

No - CAMP is for full-time freshman students, with no more than 24 units.

Yes - You do not need to be an active Migrant Education student to be eligible for CAMP.