CSULB Village is a vested partnership between California State University, Long Beach and faithbased organizations whose congregants represent underrepresented student populations at CSULB, for example, African-American, Asian-American, Latina/o/x, Native-American, and Pacific Islander.
CSULB Village aims to leverage the resources between the university, faith-based organizations, and parents in order to equip college-bound youth with the knowledge and skills necessary to be college-ready for California State University, Long Beach. CSULB Village connects the local community to the campus and builds a sense of community among all partners.
- To establish and sustain a relationship among faith-based organizations in our local preference area and surrounding communities; (link to local preference area)
- To support faith-based organizations in developing a college-going culture approach that aligns with the values of the organization;
- To provide faith-based organizations with resources to foster awareness and knowledge on the college preparation process;
- To support faith-based organizations in developing college readiness initiative(s).
- Assistance with the implementation of a college-going culture that aligns with the mission of the respective faith-based organization through the Village partnership.
- Provide a train-the-trainers workshop for faith-based organization youth educators
- Provide parent engagement/involvement workshops
- Provide holistic college readiness workshops
- Provide outreach tabling opportunities at faith-based organization(s) events/programs
- Provide campus tours
- Assist with the connection to campus resources and services.
Hours: 8am - 5pm