GE Certification Timeline
- See the Current Curriculum Calendar page for a detailed look at current dates for the academic term.
- GE Course Development and Approval Process
If you are planning on requesting curricular changes related to GE certification (adding, removing or changing) for the next academic year, the following timeline is important. Proper review by committees overseeing GE Courses are required and they have a limited meeting schedule, so it is important to ensure changes are prepared and submitted in advance. Please note that a course must be officially certified via the Curriculum Cycle before it can be GE certified.
- Mid-October - Last day to submit GE requests and materials to GEGC Chair and GE Coordinator (check their meeting schedule when available from the Senate's website)
- Late October - Curriculum Submissions Due (Curriculum Cycle Calendar)
- For GE, this includes changes to, drops of, or creation of new GE Courses.
- Early December - Last day GEGC can review GE requests (check their meeting schedule when available from the Senate's website)
- January/February, of the next year - Last day the CEPC can approve a GE Supplement for its implementation in the upcoming Fall Academic Year. (check their meeting schedule when available from the Senate's website)