Skip to main content
Academic Information and Regulations »

Academic Regulations

Final Course Grades, Grading Procedures, and Final Assessments

Part Five: Change of Final Course Grades

1. Changes of final course grades or grading symbols can be made only on the basis of an error, a successful grade appeal (detailed in the separate policy statement on grade appeals), or resolution of an "Incomplete" ("I"). A final course grade or grading symbol shall not be changed on the basis of additional work submitted, except where an "I" was recorded.

2. Original final course grades are replaced only when the change is due to an error, the grade change is the result of a grade appeal, or Enrollment Services receives a late report of final course grades for which the symbol "RD" was substituted pending receipt. Original final course grades or grading symbols are not replaced when the change of grade is the result of the resolution of an "Incomplete" or the repetition of a course. Final course grades or administrative grading symbols must be recorded for all enrollments beyond the census date.

3. Except for changes of final course grades resulting from grade appeals, all changes of final course grades must be filed within one year from the date of the filing of the first final course grade, without respect to continuous enrollment of the student. Only as the result of a successful grade appeal or the correction of an error will a final course grade be changed after the award of a degree or credential or certificate.

4. All requests for change of a final course grade shall carry the recommendation of the instructor (except as provided for in the grade appeals procedures) and the department chair and the approval of the college dean.

University Course Listings
PDF Document IconPrint (PDF) Versions of the Catalog