Faculty Find us on Facebook!
Teaching a service learning course next semester? Let Us Know!
Benefits of Service Learning
- Discover new and effective teaching resources and methods
- Engage and motivate students
- Articulate the relationship between academic material and its applications
- Acquire awareness and involvement in the community
Learn about how to integrate service learning into your course, make service learning work for you in your RTP process, understand how to use SL Pro to your advantage, and get ideas for partnership development, community-based research, and more.
Curriculum Development Workshops
Experienced service learning faculty facilitate curriculum development workshops and provide individual consultation to assist interested faculty in developing new or revising existing courses to integrate service learning. Topics include:
- Syllabus revision
- Developing learning objectives for service-learning activities
- Guided critical reflection
- Developing appropriate community partnerships
- Managing risk
- Creating a G.E. Service-Learning Capstone Course
- Engaged Department Workshop
- Civic Engagement and Higher Education
- Community as Co-Educator
- Service-Learning and the RTP Process
The CCE helps faculty establish ongoing relationships with key community partners, enabling them to:
- Have a better understanding of the agency and community,
- Be confident in the quality of students' Service Learning experience,
- Have community partners who understand course objectives and are able to actively support students' learning while they are in the community.
Download Adobe Reader