Five CSULB alumni will share their experiences about being women working in STEM fields at Tuesday’s Women in STEM Career Panel.
The alumni include:
- Sandra Labib (Civil Engineering), a project manager at The Walt Disney Co.
- Jessica Avila (Civil Engineering) a design engineer at Hunsaker & Associates
- Nancy Imbery (Chemical Engineering) Tesoro
- Geraldine Aron (Geology), CEO at Paleo Solutions
- Suzzane Pluskat (Biology), a veterinarian with her own private practice.
The panel will discuss:
- Gender inequalities in the classroom
- Career exploration
- Self-advocating, and
- Expectations from industry.
The event will be held on Oct. 11 from 5:30-7 p.m. in the Niggli Conference Center, ECS-312. It is sponsored by STEM x: Sisters in Motion and the CSULB President’s Commission on the Status of Women.