Resources and Documents
- Audiology and Speech Pathology Handout [PDF]
- Chiropractic Handout [PDF]
- Dental Handout [PDF]
- Nursing Handout [PDF]
- Occupational Therapy Handout [PDF]
- Optometry Handout [PDF]
- Pharmacy Handout [PDF]
- Physical Therapy Handout [PDF]
- Physican, Allopathic Handout [PDF]
- Physican, Osteopathic Handout [PDF]
- Physician Assistant Handout [PDF]
- Podiatry Handout [PDF]
- Veterinary Medicine Handout [PDF]
- General Education Recommendations [PDF] - We recommend that all pre-health students enroll in courses that meet the following General Education requirements to help you develop a broad understanding of the health professions in relation to other disciplines of study.
HPAO is in the process of developing Linkage Programs with various campuses. Linkage Programs are formal agreements between various health professional schools and California State University Long Beach that offer students special consideration for admission. Please check back over the next academic year to see additional programs.
- CSULB Linkage with Marshall B. Ketchum Physician Assistant Program: Students interested in this program must first join the CSULB Pre-Physician Assistant Club (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- CSULB Linkage with Marshall B. Ketchum School of Pharmacy: Coming Summer 2019
- Pre-requisites Across Health Professions & Pre-Health Plan for Non-Science Majors [PDF]
- Medical School Admission Requirements [PDF]
- Pre-Health Application Timeline and Checklist [PDF]
- Health Professions Centralized Application Services At-A-Glance [PDF]
- Summer and Gap Year Opportunities [PDF]
- Interviewing for the Health Professions [PDF]
- AMSA Gender and Sexuality Resources
- Immigrants Rising: Empowers undocumented young people to pursue their dreams of college, career, and citizenship in the United States.
- Minorities in Medicine (AAMC)
- Point Foundation: Scholarships for meritorious students who are marginalized due to sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
- Summer Opportunities Database
- Pre-Health Dreamers (PHD): A rapidly growing information-sharing network and community of over 150 pre-health undocumented students across the country. PHD investigates and shares information on career pathways for pre-health undocumented students as well as advocates for more progressive institutional and governmental policies for undocumented students.
- Armed Forces Health Professions Scholarship Program (HPSP)
- Bureau of Health Professions (HRSA) Scholarships and Loans
- Fee Assistance Program (MCAT and AMCAS)
- National Health Service Corp Loan Repayment Program
- Test Preparation Discounts & Financial Aid
- Study Techniques for Premedical Students [PDF] (D. Verrier and L. Thompson, 2013)
- Effective Study Techniques [PDF] (adapted from Plan for Success, C.E. (1988). The National Association of Advisors for the Health Professions, Inc.)
- The Nitty-Gritty of Effective Studying [PDF] (from A Guide to Learning Chemistry, C.H. Yoder and C.S. Yoder, Franklin and Marshall College and Millersville University, 1992)
- Effective Study Strategies for Science Students (L.A. Wood-Hill, M.S., Yeshiva University)
- Academic Success (Penn State University)
- How to Study Math, Science and Engineering (Dr. Phillip R. Rosenkrantz, California State Polytechnic University Pomona)
- How to Study for Organic Chemistry [DOCX] (Dr. Christopher Falzone, Johns Hopkins University)
- College Student Online Guide for Better Study Skills
Please include your student ID number in all email correspondence.
Appointments are for juniors and seniors applying the upcoming application cycle. Schedule an Appointment.