For Community College Counselors
Webinar on 9/30/2022
Join us on Friday, September 30, 9:30am-3:00pm for our Guiding the Health Professions Student: A Conference for Community College Counselors webinar.
The objective of this webinar is to provide community college counselors with information that will assist them as they provide academic and career guidance for students who plan to enter the health professions. Guest speakers representing various health professions will present the latest updates in trends, admissions, and requirements.
Empowering Students to Expand their Occupational Knowledgebase
Community College Pre-Health Advisors and Students who are exploring their professional options in the health careers, or interested in finding out more about their future professions.
- 9:30am-10:00am - Welcome and Introduction (Lena Njoku, HPAO Coordinator at CSULB)
- 10:00am-11:30am - Keynote: Value of a diverse allied healthcare force (Jeff Oxendine)
- 11:40-1:00pm - Session I: Pharmacy, Dentistry, and Occupational Therapy (University of Southern California)
- 1:00pm-1:30pm - (break)
- 1:30pm-3:00pm - Session II: Optometry and Chiropractic Medicine (UC Berkeley, and Life West Chiropractic College)
Welcome community college counselors! Information and presentations from past counselor's conferences will be found here. You will also find information about future events.
Guiding the Health Professions Student: A Conference for Community College Counselors
The "Guiding the Health Professions Student" conference for community college counselors is typically held each year. The purpose of this event is to provide community college counselors with information that will assist them as they provide academic and career guidance for students who plan to enter the health professions.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have trouble viewing any of the following documents.
- 2019 Conference Presentations (PDF)
- 2018 Conference Presentations (PDF)
- 2017 Conference Presentations (PDF)
Please include your student ID number in all email correspondence.