Fall 2021 CNSM Questions and Answers
Masks are required on campus at all times, regardless of vaccination status. Students are required to complete their Covid Pre-Screening via Single Sign-On each day before arriving on campus.
Q: I have a question regarding my schedule, campus resources, university policies, and/or GE requirements, what should I do?
Please see the CNSM Advising online drop-in hours above.
Q: Who do I see/contact if I need assistance from my major department?
- For Biology Majors: For permits contact Christina Schneider, Student Support Coordinator (Christina.Schneider@csulb.edu). The Biology Department will be open for walk-ins M-F 8am-5pm. For assistance via Zoom, feel free to email Dessie Underwood, Department Chair (Dessie.Underwood@csulb.edu).
- For Chemistry Majors: For permit or assistance contact Mirna Henriquez (email@example.com) or Irma Sanchez (I.Sanchez@csulb.edu).
- For Math Majors: For permits and assistance contact Brian Gonzalez (Brian.Gonzalez@csulb.edu) or Sofia Aguilera (Sofia.Aguilera@csulb.edu)
- For Geology/Earth Science Majors: For permits or assistance contact Rick Behl (Richard.firstname.lastname@example.org) or Margaret Costello (Margaret.email@example.com)
- For Physics Majors: For permits or assistance contact the department office (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com) or the department chair (firstname.lastname@example.org).
When contact department staff, please be sure to include your name, student ID number and the class section(s) you are looking to add/change.
Q: How can I find my assigned academic advisor and their contact information?
You can find your assigned advisor on: CNSM Find My Advisor.
Q: Where can I go to complete my online course if I am on-campus?
- University Library study spaces and computer lab is open for all students.
- The University Express Labin the Student Success Centerhas a very limited computers and printers available for use. Reservations are highly recommended.
- Students can access many Wifi hotspots on campus to work outdoors: University Wifi spots
- Additional Study Spaces:
- Outdoor tent available on 9/13
- LH 151 (277 seats)
- Spaces in LA2 and LA3
- Dedicated space in COB
- Horn Center should be available in October
Q: When will tutoring be available?
Tutoring at the Jensen SAS Center will begin on Tuesday September 7, 2021. For more information and updates, please visit CNSM Science and Math Tutoring.
Q: Where can I contact other services in the Jensen SAS Center?
For Student Research programs, please visit: Jensen SAS Center.
Other Important Resources:
Academic Advisors will have both online and on-campus availability for 30 minute advising appointments. Please see our Appointment Guide regarding on-campus advising appointments.
- Mon: 9:00am-12:00pm
- Tue: 3:30pm-6:30pm
- Wed: 12:00pm-3:00pm
- Thu: 1:00pm-4:00pm
Online: CNSM Advising Zoom Room, Zoom room ID: cnsmadvising
On-campus: Hall of Science (HSCI) - Room 164
Students will be seen on a first-come, first-served basis by a limited number of advisors. Availability is subject to change: see Announcements on CNSM Advising.
Contact CNSM Advising
Please include your student ID number in all email correspondence.