Graduate Handouts and Documents
New applications will be posted soon.
Advancement to Candidacy Process & Forms
When a student first begins a graduate program, s/he is not yet a formal candidate for a graduate degree. To become a candidate for a graduate degree, the student must complete certain academic requirements and then formally apply to become a candidate for the degree. This process is called "Advancement to Candidacy."
At the CSULB School of Nursing, students are eligible to apply for Advancement to Candidacy when they have:
- Completed six (6) units of graduate course work
- Have a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or better
- Have complete all pre-requisite and/or contingency requirements
Students are strongly encouraged to apply for Advancement to Candidacy as soon as possible, but they must apply and be approved by no later than one semester prior to their graduation date. They must also be enrolled in at least one class when they apply for Advancement.
Students wishing to apply for Advancement to Candidacy must download a form specific to their program of study, complete it and sumit it for approval by the Director of the Graduate Program and the Assistant Dean at the College of Health and Human Services.
Please click on the option that describes the program to which you have been accepted:
Nurse Practitioner Specialties
Nursing Education Advancement
Nursing and Health Systems Executive Management Advancement
Clinical Contract Documents
In order to be precepted at a clinical site, there must be an established contract between CSULB and the site. If one does not already exisit, please do the following to initiate a contract:
- Fill out 2 original copies of the clinical contract
- Your name must not be on the contract
- The contract must be valid for a term of 3 or 5 years (month/day/year)
- Please type all required information (or print legibly)
- Sumbit the following to Pam Ford (NUR-44):
- 2 original clinical contracts (both signed in ink)
- 2 copies of "Specific Protocol" document (pages 3-4 in clinical contract)
- A student info sheet for each clinical facility for which you are initiating a contract.
Student Info Sheet
Sample Clinical Contract (filled out)
Directed Project and Thesis Information
National Credentialing Agencies
American Nurses Credentialing Center
American Association of Nurse Practitioners
The National Certification Corporation for Women's Health Care Nurse Practitioners
Pediatric Nursing Certification Board
American Organization of Nurse Executives
American College of Healthcare Executives
American Association of Critical Care Nurses