Skip to Local Navigation
Skip to Content
California State University, Long Beach
Health Science Department at CSULB

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)

What are the department’s office hours?
  • Monday to Friday 9:00 am-5:00 pm.

Where can I get my instructor’s contact information and office hours?

  • The contact information for all instructors is located in the Contact Information section on the left side of this page.

What if I get a “department consent required” message when registering for a class?

  • Obtain a Request for Permit form from the Health Science Office. Located in HHS2-115. You will be asked to fill-out the form and attach your Academic Requirements Report. This report is found in your MyCSULB.

Where can I get help choosing classes which I need to take as an undergraduate majoring in health science?

  • The College of Health and Human Services Academic Advising & Resource Center provides assistance to all Health Science Undergraduate majors and pre-majors. Click here for more information or call (562) 985-2691.
  • To download the current degree planner for any option in Health Science, please click here. Planner for previous academic years are also available on the same website.

What are the application requirements and deadlines for the Health Science Graduate Program?

  • For information specific to application requirements please click here.
  • To browse through the Graduate Program website please click here.
  • If you have questions that were not addressed through the Graduate Program website, please contact the Graduate Program Director at

Is this the College of Health and Human Services?

  • No. The Health Science Department is one of many departments under the College of Health and Human Services. For more information about the college, please click here.

Is this the department where registered students receive medical services?

  • No. Student Health Services may offer some of these services. Click here for more information on Student Health Services.
  • If it is an emergency, call 911.

Where can I get information if I would like to pursue a career in any of the following fields: medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, optometry, veterinary medicine, physician assisting, physical therapy or graduate nursing?

  • Information is available at the Health Professions Advising Office (HPAO) under the College of Natural Science and Mathematics. Click here for more information.