Mission, Goals, & Outcomes
The Department of Family and Consumer Sciences is AAFCS accredited. Our mission
is to prepare leaders for the family and consumer sciences professions.
Family and Consumer Sciences undergraduate and graduate students are expected to graduate having met the following outcomes:
- Students recognize, respect, and value individual and societal diversity.
- Students learn standards for ethical professional practices.
- Students value their roles as family and consumer sciences professionals in the formation of public policy/civic engagement in their ability to critique, develop, implement, and assess policies that support the well being of individuals, families, consumers, and communities.
- Students develop critical thinking skills to utilize diverse approaches for determining alternative solutions for issues.
- Students support the principles and importance of collaborations and partnerships in communities and the work place.
- Students recognize that education is a lifelong process.