Dean's Update, Summer 2014
Welcome back from a summer that went by all too quickly. The new academic year brings a new president to campus, Dr. Jane Conoley. President Conoley is the former Interim Chancellor of the University of California, Riverside, a position she assumed at the end of 2012 after Tim White became CSU Chancellor. After serving as Interim Chancellor for seven months, she returned to her role as Dean of the Gevirtz Graduate School of Education at the University of California, Santa Barbara.
This year, CBA will begin recruiting students for the Master of Science in Accountancy that will begin in fall 2015. We are also waiting on word from the Chancellor’s Office about the Master of Science in Supply Chain Management; the revised proposal was sent to the CO for approval in July.
CBA will welcome seven new tenure-track faculty members in fall 2014. Joining the Department of Accountancy are Associate Professors Hyeesoo (Sally) Chung and Sanjian (William) Zhang, and Assistant Professor Xiaoou (Sean) Yu. Joining the Department of Information Systems is Assistant Professor Banafsheh Behzad. Joining the Department of Management/HRM are Strategy Assistant Professors Kenji Klein and Craig Macaulay, and Supply Chain Management Assistant Professor Jessica Robinson.
Michael E. Solt
Dean, College of Business Administration
Director, Ukleja Center for Ethical Leadership
In This Issue
- Summer 2014
- New Webmaster Joins CBA
- New Internship Coordinator joins SCPD
- Fundraising and Development Update
- SCPD Update
- CBA Classroom Renovations During Summer 2014
- International Collegiate Business Strategy Competition Still Going Strong
- Long Beach Business Journal Series about CBA
- Ukleja Center provides Faculty Stipends for integrating Ethics Across the Curriculum
- Ukleja Center now offers Faculty Stipends for Ethics Research