The CSULB 49er Foundation provides essential fundraising and financial-management services that benefit the entire university. To cover expenses, the Foundation relies on a mix of revenue sources; these include investment earnings, endowment-management and gift fees, and campaign surcharges when applicable. (Click Here for PDF Copy)
All gifts shall be subject to the following fees:
- Endowment accounts will record all gains and losses to the individual accounts.
- Non-endowed accounts of all types will not recognize any earnings, as they will be “swept” to offset operating costs of the Foundation.
- Reasonable legal costs incurred for complex gifts will be charged to the gift. Costs shall be estimated before counsel is engaged.
- Credit card fees charged by the bank shall be charged to the fund / account being supported.
- Cost Recovery Fee shall be charged to the gift at the time of receipt. It shall not reduce the “historic gift value” for purposes of accounting.
|Gift Fee Campaign Investment Fee||5%
|Endowment Management||1% annually|
|Endowment Investment Fee||1/2% annually|
Waiving fees is not permitted by policy and by doing so would create an inequality for all other gifts received by the CSULB 49er Foundation. However, nonprofit organizations, corporations, and foundations that have a written, board-adopted policy that prohibit fees may submit such documentation for a waiver consideration.
The CSULB 49er Foundation Board will review fee policy periodically and reserves the right to modify fees as appropriate.