Camp Policies and Procedures
What to Bring
- Backpack (with name written on the inside)
- Water bottle (with poptop, filtration stations available)
- Healthy Snacks
- Lunch, sunscreen, swimsuit and towel (if staying for 49er Camp in the afternoon)
What to Wear
- Comfortable and light colored clothing is best
- Close-toed shoes (tennis shoes required for 49er Camp)
- Light sweatshirt (computer labs are air conditioned)
Camp Policies & Procedures
- Children are not to bring cell phones, ipods, toys, electronic games
or trading cards to the camp. The camp staff and the university
are not responsible for any lost or stolen articles while your child is
- If your child will not be attending camp (due to illness, etc.) please
inform the camp office prior to 9:00 a.m. (562) 985-2216 or (562) 985-2570.
- If you are late in dropping your children off, it is your responsibility
to walk them to the Club Sports and Recreation Office (PE-20A). We will
have staff available to walk them to the appropriate classroom.
- If you would like to visit your child at camp, please feel free to do
so. However, we would appreciate a note indicating the day and time
you would like to visit. You are more than welcome to join your child
for lunch. Do not take them out of the lunch area without notifying the
- If you plan to pick your children up from camp earlier than the 12:00
noon ending time, you (or another adult you have authorized to pick
up your child) must come to the Club Sports and Recreation Office
(PE-20A) and sign them out for the day.
- Children who exhibit repetitive disciplinary behavior will be subject to dismissal from the camp. A refund will not be given. Parents will be
notified of problems and encouraged to assist the camp staff in resolving the problems.
- If your child has special needs, (i.e. allergies, medication, behavior, instruction etc.) please alert the camp staff in letter
form and turn it in to the camp office with the required waiver forms.
- If your child has an IEP or Behavior Plan from their school mail it to the camp office with the required waiver forms.
- All required forms must be signed and submitted to the camp office prior to the start of camp.
Drop-off and Pick-up Procedures
Beginning of Camp:
- All drop offs located in Lot 12
- 7:15 - 7:45 Early Morning Drop Off (extra fee @ registration)
- 8:00 - 8:25 General Drop Off, Lot 12
- 8:25 Camp supervisor leaves for East Gym (after 8:25 parents will have
to walk their campers to the camp office located in the Kinesiology
Building, Room 20A). Do not allow your child(ren) to walk to the
Kinesiology Building without being escorted.
End of Camp:
- Academic Camp: Parent Pick-up is at 12:10, East Campus turn around off of East Campus Drive.
- After 12:20 Campers will be brought back to Camp Office. Parents will pick up
their child(ren) from the Camp Office. A fee will be assessed for late pick-up.
Please pack sunscreen for your child(ren). We will make every effort possible to assist in applying the sunscreen prior to the start of the 49er Camp.
Transition to 49er Camp
Those campers who have registered for the same session of the 49er Camp will be escorted to the East Gym at 12:40 p.m.