Facilitator: Margaret Merryfield, Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs / Academic Personnel
Topics of Discussion: Citizenship, ethics, value systems, values that help prepare a responsible workforce and an informed citizenry, the university as a change agent
Conclusions and Recommendations
- CSULB will be recognized for fostering leadership in social engagement, social responsibility, and social change.
- CSULB will be a university that practices social responsibility and hold itself accountable for its own practices.
- Ethics across the curriculum
- Offer out of classroom experiences with defined learning outcomes
- Environmental awareness and commitment to being a “green” university
- A CSU-wide requirement for community service (alternately, strong encouragement of community service)
- Funding and resources in support of these initiatives