Staff Council Meeting Minutes
Friday, January 9, 2009
- Call to order 8:35am. Quorum reached at 8:43 am.
- Approval of Staff Council Agenda for January 9, 2009 – approved.
- Approval of Staff Council Minutes for December 11, 2008 – approved.
- Steve Zimmerle, Forty-Niner Shops, announced that the Outpost/Convenience store is scheduled to open the 1st day of spring classes. The University Bookstore has special deals on Macintosh.
- Sharon Olson – Long Beach Book Week in March. The book is titled “Three Cups of Tea” By Greg Mortenson. The book was on the New York Times best seller list for three years and the book will be in the bookstore in February. On Friday March 6th the author will be here on campus. Tickets are on sale at the bookstore for $15. Pennies for Peace, pennies will buy pencils for students.
- Jon Choy, Benefits Department, announced that the new TSA and reenrolled changes were effective as of Jan. 1st. You can still enroll. New health benefits effective January 1st.
- Scott Apel announced that Berta Hanson has been selected as the Outstanding Staff Member for 2009.
- Charles Greenwood reported that the cash collected for the holiday raffle was $768. The current balance is $6,411.00.
- Membership – Berta Hanson reported that there was one new member in December– Jennifer Moran from The College of the Arts. The areas lacking membership are Facilities Management and Enrollment Services.
- Special Events - Colleen Ryan reported that the response was overwhelming for the toys collected for Cherishing Children’s Holiday Party. The toys for the Cherishing Children’s party and remaining toys go to the American Red Cross party for underprivileged children in Long Beach. One thousand five hundred families signed up and we provided 1,000 toys. The next event will be Staff Day.
- Staff Development - Nancy Green reported that the Wardrobe Coordination workshop will be held on February 11, 2009 and March 12, 2009 will be an event for KJAZZ where they will receive an award for one of the top five most listened-to of all public radio stations in the country. Helen Bourges will be the tour guide. April 2009 will be the library tour. There has been a name change for Lunch-n-Learn to Munch-n-Learn.
- Ways and Mean – Charles Greenwood reported that he is working on the 50/50 raffle for Staff Day.
- Bylaws – Sharon Olson – No report.
- Nominating Committee – No report.
- Ann Ambrose announced that during the Enrollment Management Committee meeting they discussed that CSULB received the largest number of applications among all CSU campuses. Also that the CSU system is impacted throughout and we are an impacted campus.
- Marlys Sams, Facilities Management, announced that their department will offer carts for departments that need them for the cart parade. The cart parade was started in the mid-80s.
- Time Certain: Cart Parade presentation – 9:00am.
- Time Certain: Ted Kadowaki – AVP for Budget Finance – 9:15am.
Campus budget Update.
PowerPoint presentation attached.
Adjourned: 9:46 am