Book a Tour / Field Trips
Group visits require a reservation with or without a docent led tour.
- Due to the popularity of the Garden we can no longer guarantee the admittance of UNSCHEDULED groups during public visiting hours.
- Please call even if your group does not plan to receive a docent led tour. All groups that wish to visit without a tour are FREE, but require a reservation.
- Receive free fish food for your group when you notify us of your group visit in advance.
- You are helping to maintain the Earl Burns Miller Japanese Garden as a place of peace and refuge when you inform us of your group’s visit by calling (562) 985-8420.
To book a tour, please keep in mind the following:
- Docent led tours are available for groups. A group constitutes any quantity of people-small or large-that are coming under the name of an organization. For example:
- PreK-12 school groups touring CSULB
- "Mommy and Me" groups
- Adult daycares
- Special needs groups from hospitals
- Exercise and athletic clubs
- Photo classes
- Girl Scouts
- Neighborhood welcome societies
- Groups of international visitors
- Conference attendees
- Any group!
- Requests must be made by phone at least two weeks in advance and are made on a first come first serve basis.
- Please note the Garden’s public hours and remember that we are closed to the public Mondays and Saturdays.
- There is a docent led tour fee of $3 per adult or $2 per senior. Tours are offered FREE of charge to schools and other educational organizations.
To request a group tour please call (562) 985-8420.
In your message provide the following:
- Your name
- Date(s) and time(s) you are requesting
- Number in your party
- Age group or grade level (if applicable)
- Name of your organization (if applicable)
- Contact number