Questions? Contact us!
Login to BeachReach
Are the materials you need unavailable? Interlibrary Services offers two options to obtain materials not currently available (checked out, temporarily unavailable, we don't own it, etc.) at CSULB: BeachReach and LINK+ (each are described in detail below)
These services are available to all current CSULB students, faculty, and staff only.
(Looking for ArticleReach? Rapid document delivery is now included in our BeachReach service.)
(Looking for ILLiad? All services previously available through ILLiad are now included in our BeachReach service.)
LINK+ is a consortium of academic and public libraries that have an agreement to share our book resources.
At the University Library, LINK+ is completely integrated into our book searching system (COAST library catalog). When you search for books in COAST and find material in COAST that is unavailable, or you need a book not owned by CSULB, clicking the LINK+ button will search our partner LINK+ libraries for that item. You can then submit a request for that item to be delivered to CSULB for you.
- LINK+ is primarily used to request books. Other materials, such as media, conference proceedings, and dissertations may also be available. (Articles must be requested through BeachReach.)
- Average delivery time is 2 -5 working days.
- You will receive email notification when your items can be picked at the Circulation Desk (1st Floor) or if your iem cannot be supplied through LINK+.
- Check the status of your LINK+ requests by viewing your Library Account (via COAST). You will receive an email notification when your item(s) is/are ready for pickup, or if there is a problem with your request.
- NOTE: It takes 10 to 30 minutes (depending on network traffic) before the information regarding a LINK+ request item appears in your library account.
- LINK+ questions can be directed to library personnel at the Circulation Desk. For more information, please call (562) 985-5512.
- For more information, please see the LINK+ information page.
BeachReach allows you to request any kind of material. Try Link+ first for book requests as it has a faster service time for books.
- Articles, book chapters, conference proceedings, dissertations and books can be borrowed through BeachReach.
- Average delivery time for articles and book chapters is 2-5 business days.
- Average delivery time for books and media materials varies depending on availability and how far the item has to travel. It can range from a few days up to two weeks.
- You will receive an email notification when your requests are electronically delivered to your BeachReach Account or are ready for pick up.
- Books and media that cannot be delivered to you electronically can be picked up at the Circulation Desk (1st floor).
- Check the status of your requests by logging in to your BeachReach Account.
- See the BeachReach FAQ.
For Link+ questions and information:
- Email Circulation Staff: email@example.com
- Phone: 562-985-5512
For BeachReach questions and information:
- Email Interlibrary Services Staff: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 562-985-4629