Finding full text articles
When the article is not available right where you are looking, you can STILL get a copy of the article by:
Looking for a statement (i.e. Link to full text via SFX) or the SFX symbol. Click and choices will appear to help you get the article.
- FULL TEXT means that if the article is available electronically, it will list all the places (databases) and the years available with a button. Click and get the article (note there maybe special instruction for Lexis-Nexis or Factiva).
- PRINT AND/OR MICROFILM means that you should check for availability here at CSULB by clicking the CHECK FOR HOLDINGS IN COAST button. Look for your year and/or volume, find the call number (or address) and floor, then walk to the shelf or drawer.
BUT IF IT SAYS
- "FULL TEXT No online full text available for this item" and
- if the CSULB Library does not have either a print/paper or a microfilm copy, then
- you must request the article through Interlibrary Services. You will see a message: Request through InterLibrary Services if not available in COAST. Click on the InterLibrary Services link, fill out the appropriate form, and the Library will get you the article in 5 to 7 working days, electronically. We only make these requests for you when the article is NOT available in any of our print, microform, or electronic collections. To understand Interlibrary Loan, read more about it.