High School Students
Planning for College
Begin researching college and university admission requirements by reviewing the following documents. They provide basic information on how to become the most eligible applicant.
- Types of California Colleges & Universities
- High School Planning Chart
- Calculating Your GPA
- Financial Aid Information
- Entrance Exams
In order to be considered for admission, prospective students must apply online at calstate.edu/apply during the application filing period, October 1 - November 30 for the following fall. While students can not submit their application early, they can begin to compile necessary information on the Cal State Apply High School Planner.
Here are tips regarding your application:
- Keep a copy of your high school transcript for your own reference. It will be helpful when filling out applications.
- Print out a copy of your application and confirmation. This is your receipt that Cal State Apply has received your application.
- The application filing fee is $55.00. Eligible individuals can apply for a fee waiver via the Cal State Apply application.