- Take A-G college preparatory classes and elective courses that meet the CSU's admission standards.
- Earn "A"s and "B"s in all of your classes.
- In October, register for the Practice SAT (PSAT), a practice exam for the SAT.
- Update your UOSR High School Planning chart.
- Invite your parents to Back-to-School Night.
- Take advantage of after-school tutoring for academic assistance.
- Inquire about scholarships at your career center and apply for them.
- Discuss your college plans with your parents and begin saving money for the application and test fees.
- Review your educational plan with your counselor and make sure it includes a challenging junior year.
- Focus on English and mathematics preparation to ensure college readiness.
- Take a CSULB tour and take tours at other college campuses.
- Conduct internet searches to narrow college choices.
- Participate in enrichment programs and summer workshops at CSULB.
- Sign up for clubs, organizations and/or sports.
- Consider volunteering.