University Police Building (Palo Verde Ave) • (562) 985-4101 • www.csulb.edu/police
CSU police officers are sworn law enforcement officers under California Penal Code, Section 830.2. In compliance with state statute, they meet the peace officer standards and training requirements mandatory for all California law enforcement officers. In addition, CSU police officers undergo training specially designed to meet the needs and problems of a contemporary university community.
The mission of University Police is to provide community leadership by establishing a secure and peaceful learning atmosphere by:
- Reducing crime by educating the campus community in areas of personal
safety and crime awareness
- Promoting community involvement in issues impacting public safety
- Continuing to increase the profession- alism of department personnel through expanded training
- Maintaining an effective operational plan to respond to campus emergencies
The university is proud to provide the following services to the campus community:
- Night escort program for campus community members. Call (562) 985-4101 to
request an escort to the residential halls, library, study lab or parking lots. Use one of
the Code Blue telephones if a public pay phone or private phone is not available.
- Seminars on self-defense, sexual assault prevention, date rape and date rape drugs, drug and alcohol policies, sexual harassment and high pressure religious groups are presented each semester.