Resources & Links
Assists students in achieving their academic goals and enhancing their personal, intellectual and social development through the provision of a broad range of programs and services.
CSULB Financial Aid & Scholarship Resources
Graduate School Support
CSU Mentor (California State
Academic Advising Support
Academic Tutoring Materials
LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION
Give this information
to faculty, employers, or other appropriate individuals to help
them develop a recommendation for a job, scholarship, portfolio,
award, etc. Please be as detailed as possible. It is recommended
you present this in person, or at least have a follow up conversation.
- Date of request
- Date recommendation due (need 7+ days notice)
- Student's name (your name)
- I am applying for the following (job, scholarship, award, etc.)
- Name of organization, committee,
- Sample of request letter:
I would appreciate your letter
of recommendation to support my application. For your convenience
I am including the following information. I have also attached a
copy of the application requirements. Please do not hesitate to
contact me at (phone number and/or email address),
for additional information or clarification.
- Overall GPA
- Number of semesters have you
been in school?
- Academic major
- Indicate whether you would like to pick up the recommendation or have the recommendation mailed.
- Educational &
- Hardships & challenges
- Personal characteristics supporting potential for success
- Noteworthy achievements
- Applicable work, educational
or volunteer experience
- Other useful information
CAREER EXPLORATION TOOLS
Personality Type Indicators